Your Source for Occupational Therapy
Providing Pediatric and Adult Rehabilitation Services
While physical therapists primarily work with people who are recovering from injuries, occupational therapists work to rehabilitate patients by helping them to perform daily tasks in their home or work environments. Occupational therapy is the use of assessment and treatment to develop, recover, and maintain the daily living and work skills of people with a physical, mental, or cognitive disorder.
Some of the key benefits of OT are as follows:
- Help patients to perform day-to-day tasks
- Support patients recovering from injuries or who have developmental or cognitive disabilities affecting their motor skills, emotions or behavior
- Make recommendations about adaptive equipment
- Advise architects and contractors about patients’ accessibility needs
- Emphasize practical aspect of helping patients do the things they want and need in order to live life to the fullest
Occupational Therapy in Elma, Hamburg, Kenmore, Lockport, Niagara Falls, Warsaw, Westfield, Williamsville, & Buffalo, NY
With pediatric and general occupational therapists on staff, we can work with children or adults to help them learn functional skills that are needed in everyday life. These skills will be useful when entering school, and we will tailor our programs to the individual needs of our patients.
- Developing strength, endurance and motion
- Developing balance and coordination
- Developing fine motor skills and function
- Increasing independence with daily living